Health Insurance Enrollment Event at Olney Free Library
PHILADELPHIA, PA- Congressman Brendan Boyle (D-PA-13) and Get Covered America are joining together to host an Affordable Care Act enrollment drive at the Olney Free Library this Saturday, October 10th.
The third Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment Period starts soon on November 1st, but many Pennsylvanians don’t realize that they are eligible to sign up for coverage now – either because of a life event that qualifies them for Marketplace enrollment, or through Pennsylvania’s new Health Choices program.
Congressman Boyle and Get Covered America are hosting a health insurance enrollment event where Pennsylvanians will be able to sit down with free counselors to get assistance enrolling in Health Insurance Marketplace plans, the new Pennsylvania Health Choices program, or CHIP.
The event will take place this Saturday October 10th from 11AM to 1PM at the Olney Free Library at 5501 N 5th St, Philadelphia, PA 19120. To make an appointment interested residents can call the Olney Office at (267) 335-5643 or visit gcaconnector.org.
Who is Eligible to Enroll?
• Pennsylvanians may be eligible for the Health Choices program if they earn less than 138% of the Federal Poverty Level which is $16,243 for a single individual or $33,465 for a family of four. There is no deadline to enroll in Health Choices plans. For more information on Pennsylvania Health Choices visit www.healthchoicespa.com.
• Pennsylvanians are eligible for the Marketplace special enrollment period if they experience a qualifying life event such as reaching the age of 26, losing a job or moving to or from another state. To find out who is eligible visit the HealthCare.gov screener at https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/.
Consumers are asked to bring:
• Social Security or Immigration Document Number for each person in the household
• Date of Birth for each person in the household
• Employer information and tax documents for each person in the household (W-2 and other tax forms)
Consumers who are interested in attending should visit gcaconnector.org to make an appointment.